Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Can you Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? or An invitation to Dinner with David Weinberger

PART 1
December 5, 2007

Well, maybe not an invitation to the actual dinner, you know how digital is its own reality, an digital invitation. I am going out to dinner Friday night at 6:00 p.m. with David Weinberger and some other folks from the scientific community in Woods Hole, Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA. After dinner Mr. Weinberger is giving a lecture, 7:30 p.m. in case you are in the area, to the general public, "Everything Is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder" on Friday, December 7.

I am inviting you to ask questions, provide Weinberger quotes or anecdotes, links, videos, or anything else in any format that comes into your "digitally disordered" mind to prepare me for my meeting with him. I will use whatever you give me to prepare a montage to represent you at the dinner and lecture. Not sure if this has been done before, but what the heck, that's what innovation is all about! Reminder, I'd like to keep the focus on K12 leadership and learning, but am willing to consider including other issues if they seem relevant.

email: drichards(at) gmail (dot) com
twitter: dennisar
skype id: drichards1

P.S. I will ask him if I can UStream the lecture if that seems possible, but I need someone to coach me prior to Friday's lecture.

PART 2
December 6, 2007


To learn more about David Weinberger, I googled his name with the word video: "david weinberger video," and found this Google video of a presentation he did.

Google Tech Talks May 10, 2007

ABSTRACT

David Weinberger's new book covers the breakdown of the established order of ordering. He explains how methods of categorization designed for physical objects fail when we can instead put things in multiple categories at once, and search them in many ways. This is no dry book on taxonomy, but has the insight and wit you'd expect from the author of The Cluetrain Manifesto, Small Pieces Loosely Joined, and a former writer for Woody Allen.

No comments:

Goggle Analytics